Thursday, April 1, 2010

Have you guys heard of this "March Madness" thing?

If you haven't, well, too bad. Because it's April now and anyone who still has "March Madness" is just lagging behind. Now it's April Madness, which is less mad because it only lasts a few days and a lot of people aren't considered mad enough to participate. I did my schooling up north and in at a Liberal Arts College and we didn't have a basketball team. Or a football team. I think we had a Men's volleyball team, though. They won a game. Anyway, so when people were talking about "March Madness" I always assumed they meant what my Uncle Leo suffered from until that fateful March where he screamed at a horse "I have the March Madness!!" until he died from exposure. Apparently, March Madness also has something to do with Basketball. But mostly gambling.

Now, In order to understand this whole NCAA Championship, I looked at the Wikipedia entry (which is also how I learned of the term "NCAA Championship"). And MAN. It looks complex. And boring. There's something to do with seeds and uh... numbers. All for a bunch of Idiot College students. College students are jerks! I should know. I was one. And let me tell you, I didn't do ANYTHING well in college. Certainly not play basketball. I don't know, maybe I'll ask someone to explain it to me before it ends on the Fifth. Or I'll just wait for next year. Maybe I'll even make one of those brackets everyone keeps making! I sure do love filling in blank spaces with names of colleges.

OH! And here's a little known fact, the term "March Madness" was actually coined by H.P. Lovecraft, author of "Herbert West - Reanimator" and originator of the Cthulhu Mythos, and is thought of as his last contribution to the world of Basketball. So uh... my pick for who wins? Uhhh... Duke probably. They have the shortest name so the players are probably weighed down the least by their uniforms.

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/woman.screaming(2).jpg
AHHHHH!!! I have The March Madness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment